Sunday, February 5, 2012

A round of Admiration and Love for Everyone, I'm Buying!

Have you ever caught yourself not breathing, and when you finally take that deep breath and your fingertips tingle? Well, I have been having that "Finger Tingle" feeling quite often lately. Anyone who has read any of my Blogs knows that I am very candid with my life from my feelings, my trials, to my triumphs. This is going NOT going to be one of those! No I'm just kidding... kind of. I really only want to touch on a few things because the laughter in our house is back, Thank you Jesus. Later I'll fill you in on December 2011-February 2012. You all have to remind me, because I don't remember things very well on behalf of my three concussions last year.

Mike and I are praying if it is God's Will if we are to start holding support meetings for parents of children who have gone astray. Its purpose is to help parents know and understand;
1. The signs of when the child is starting to get out of control. And trust me the first sign is not just their grades dropping, but that is one of them.
2. Explain the process of "feelings" parents could possibly go through from finding out their children are not perfect to recovery.
3. To teach parents that "Feelings are NOT the Truth", and surviving on the truth.
4. How to stay calm during the first confronting, and not getting manipulated by your child.
5. How to decide on "When is Enough". Setting boundaries and protecting any younger children in the house.
So please say prayers for Mike and I to know that this is what He wants us to do. Thanks in advance, plus I would love to have your input about this. Leave a comment if you would, Thanks

I have an Allie story. She is so funny and very loud, I don't have a clue where she got it. So the other night Sarah-Kate, Allie, and I went to get Sarah-Kate a "Monroe" piercing. When the three of us are together some decisions we make are not always the most correct ones or it could be called making "Bad Choices". In my defense I start out on our adventures ecstatic because I have my girls with me and I know there won't be any fighting between any of us. We picked up Sarah-Kate from work at 5pm and started on our way to Missouri for her piercing. I was late, like usual, picking her up and she was starving. We all decided on AppleBee's off 103rd & State Line. We just ordered and Katy Perry's "Firework" came on and I dared Allie to dance around the restaurant. I told her I would give her $5 bucks if she did (she said she'd do it for free". It was going to be a win/win situation for her since she was already singing (sort of loud) and frolicking in the booth. AND SHE DID IT!!!! I have a video of it, some people were laughing with her and some people were looking at her with eyebrows down not knowing what she was doing. She is really coming out of her shell.

And finally another celebration. On February 5th it will be Mike's Anniversary for being sober for 5 years, he hasn't had a drop of alcohol, NADA, nothing, he just walked away from it. I can't even begin to explain the admiration and love I have for him. It's also going to be a 2 month Anniversary for another beautiful young woman that has been drug and alcohol free. Can we all have a round of applause for them? We have to thank God first because for the last 2 months He was and still is our pilot. I am so grateful and proud of them.

This is getting long so I will wrap it up. I have more stories of Mike and the kids, they are my world. Thank you for taking the time out and reading this. Please comment and follow me...I would really appreciate it. God Bless You and May You Bless God ~ Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you all on your accomplishments.. I love reading your blogs... keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I really needed to know that. You have honestly just made my day, week, month...you get the picture ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete