Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ouch!!! Not Again!!!!!

So I am going to try to type this post without any mistakes. I'm sure that won't happen though. See in February, 2011 I fell on the ice in our driveway and hit my head. I suffered a 2nd grade concussion which in turn ended up going into Post Concussion Syndrome. I don't have a very good short term memory, my speech is not the best, and I can't do math if my life depended on it. When I go to the doctor for my checkups I have to take an easy test to most, but I'm not like most anymore. My doctor will just ask me what day it is, who is the President, and so on. I get most of them wrong. But he is such a nice guy that he will tell me that I did great. But then he will in his polite way tell me I failed...Bummer!

The last time I took the test I failed, but I did improve. That was such a great day! Then some day last week, I don't remember when, I had a metal bar fall on my head. Here is what happened: the bar bonked my head, I threw up, I went to bed, and Mike made me go to the ER. The doctor there said that my eyes were severely dilated. I guess you couldn't see the brown, only the black pupil. So I went in for a CAT scan, no bleed, thank you Jesus. Then I went home. Someone had to be with me for 24 hours, and Mike had to work the next day. My mom volunteered to come over, and I have to admit there is nothing better then having your mom by your side when you're sick.

I'm back to square one. I have another severe concussion, and everything hurts. I am super tired, which I don't want to take naps during the day. I was waiting for my daughter at the mall to fill out some paperwork at Holister because she just got a job there. I was sitting in one of those wonderful leather chairs they have and fell asleep 3 TIMES!!! I had my phone in my hand and dropped it, that is what woke me up. There was this guy sitting next to me, and the only thing he said to me the whole hour was that I was snoring. It took everything in me not to say anything rude, so I just apologized.

We are going to see what happens next with the whole bruised brain thing. The kids continue to get out of their punishments. They will do something wrong and I will ground them from something. Then in an hour I will see them doing what I grounded them from. Then I will ask them, "Didn't I just ground you from that?". They will say no or say you grounded Blah Blah from this. And I don't feel up to interrogating them, so I let it go. I'm know it is wrong, but I have to carefully pick my battles. So, I will keep you posted on everything and if this contains wrong grammar I apologize. But if it contains not one error that is because I proof read this about 100 times. It only took my 3 days to write it....I was being sarcastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment