Friday, August 26, 2011

OH MY GOSH, JOSEPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest son, Joe, is so sweet, so kind, and can be such a butt! The bad thing about that is he can be all of these at the same time. There just has to be something about the youngest child. You know, you're more chill with them, they get a car at 16, they get in trouble...kind of, and so basically they are spoiled. But I can only speak for Joe, he spoils me back. He is always the first one to call someone out if they say or do anything disrespectful to me. I love that in him, he is always out to help the "Underdog". It's the way he does this that can be seen as wrong, protective and loving, but just wrong.

I have so many stories of how he has done this, so I will only share a few. The first time Joe admitted to saying a bad word was in 4th grade. A friend of his told Joe that his mom said I was irresponsible. For the record I am not, I like to think of it as chill but with a side of hot. This all happened on the playground without any teachers around (thank you Lord). Joe's friend continues to say this to him until Joe just got so mad. Joe pushes the kid down to the ground, stands over him and says, "Well at least she isn't an asshole like your mom". I know, I know, not good behavior from Joe. But of course he isn't going to get in trouble for it. He was sticking up for me, and I thought is was cool. I would have done the very same thing, so I know where he gets his attitude. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This other time I wasn't involved in, finally! Joe and the girls were fighting, the girls were at the top of the stairs and Joe was at the bottom. Right there this fight isn't fair, 2 against 1 not good odds for Joe. They are all yelling back and forth and yada, yada, yada, when the girls scream that Joe flipped them off. Unfortunately I wasn't the one who responded to this, Mike was. Mike doesn't like all of this giving the finger and language crap. That is what he calls it, "Crap" not bullshit or just shit..."Crap". But since Mike didn't see Joe flipping the girls off he let it go. All that did was escalate the fighting. Then from out of nowhere we all hear, "You guys can go f*$k yourselves". Where the heck did that come from? Mike marched right back into the entry way and took Joe to the kitchen sink. And as you can imagine the girls were laughing, which only made Joe more upset. Mike had Joe stick out his tongue and Mike slapped some "Soft Soap" on it. Then he made him sit in the dining room for 2 minutes. That had to be the longest 2 minutes ever.

At that time Joe was fair game, if you know what I mean. The girls would go look in the dining room at him then laugh and run away. It was so mean of them. Then Joe would cuss at them again, and he would get in trouble. This went on for so long that it started to get funny. The soap didn't teach Joe anything, he will still get caught giving the finger or cussing. What are you going to do?

So this afternoon I get a message from Joe and he got detention. He has only been in school for 2 weeks!!!!! I don't know what it is for, but I will find out. Maybe I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment