Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life Is Messy, So Grow Up

I am very transparent with my life and the happenings that go along with it. Honestly, you can ask me anything and I will answer it with only the truth. Except to my husband.JUST KIDDING!!!!! I believe that SO many people are "playing" the part of having that perfect life, family, and marriage. But I don't, my life is far from perfect...it is very messy.

And we (as a family) clean up these messes together.  But some are hard and it may take years to clean up.  And as adults and parents you have to put limits and consequences on these "messes" and the people who make them.

Personally I think some parents don't care. They have become too "self involved" or just plan lazy to clean up their messes. You know who suffers from this kind of attitude? Their children of course, but what about those kids friends? What about the parents that are trying so hard to keep their kids strong and not give into peer pressure. We try and even role model, but sometimes it doesn't matter.

So if you read my Blogs and you are a lazy parent this one is for you. Not only are you hurting YOUR CHILDREN...but you are hurting their friends and their families. So straighten up and make rules, give out chores, don't try to buy your kids love. I promise you children don't want things.....they want to know you care and love them, and objects/toys doesn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment