Sunday, May 29, 2011

Perception

When I started this Blog on Saturday May 21, 2011 I was feeling real sorry for myself. I wrote things like, "What is a person to do when their limit is reached?" I think that is my favorite saying, I am always wondering what my limit is. I literally count out how many "bad things" have happened to me and my family. Honestly, I rarely ever count out how many "good things" have happened. Why is that? I think it is because it is much easier to knock ourselves down than it is to build ourselves up.

Did you know every time someone says a negative statement towards you, it takes 21 positive statements just to wipe that one mean one out. I can see football coaches yelling at their players. How they hold the player's face mask, get nose to nose with the kid, and in front of all the players start yelling, screaming at the top of his lungs, and spitting on the player while foaming at the mouth like a wild dog with rabies. I would say that is pretty negative. Now does that coach have to turn around and say 21 things that player did good that day? If he doesn't will that child go home and hurt himself? All left up for speculation.

I do know that we are all human, including parents. And there are those times we catch ourselves acting like our parents, even though we said throughout our whole entire teenage years we would never "be" like them. Now I find myself giving the most wisest wisdom that I learned from my parents, and trying to teach it to my children. Now I'm no idiot, I see their little blank faces, I know that they have mentally "checked out", and it drives me as crazy as it drove my parents. Rumor around the Hansan Household I hear is that our children are saying when they grow up and are parents they aren't going to be like us. All I can think of is, "SCORE! WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!"

As a parent I certainly do not claim to know everything. I am really only doing this whole "Parent-Thing" by the Grace of God. Ever heard of the, "Power of the Praying Parent"? If you haven't I strongly recommend the book by Stormie Omartian. We are borrowing our children from the Lord, and it is our job to teach them God's way. This is what we want our children to learn first, and if they leave the path that they were walking on with God. Our children have the tools to know how to jump back on it, and they know God's grace and forgiveness. The past is in the past, and it is wiped away, and you are renewed. Thank You Jesus Christ our Savior

No comments:

Post a Comment